|2007 Angel Film Awards Monaco International Film Festival|
PRESS RELEASE 14/12/2007
Angel Film Awards - Monaco International Film Festival of Non-Violent Films - PR for Variety:
There was not one eye left dry at the super-elegant, all black tie ANGEL FILM AWARDS - the awards festival of Non-Violent films, as the audience and the Jury alike were brought to tears on several occasion by the touching movies selected by Rosana Golden and Dean Bentley, the founders of the festival. Considering the strong line-up of films, the Jury, headed up by actress Diane Louise Salinger and glamour model, Rachel Ritfeld working with such fellow members as Steve Kaplan of Rainstorm Entertainment and Prof. Karl Bardosh of NYU Film School, had a difficult time in selecting out the 22 Angel Film Awards. This year the festival had a distinct Asian tilt, as most of the selected films had come from Japan. BBC World noticed this as well and has featured the festival on their Asia Hour News broadcast. Prof. Hideki Wada's Japanese feature film, "Cinderella Formula" won the Best Film, Best Actor and Actress as well as the Best Screenplay Award. A rare Japanese/Chinese co-production, Jun-Ai, won the Independent S rit Award, with Keiko Kobayashi receiving the Best Producer Award. She also shares a Peace Award with the Dalai Lama, who's been featured in Kashyar Darvich's American made, Best Documentary. Eight years in the making Kobayashi's film has been aimed at healing past wounds of intolerance between these two people. The Best Documentary as well as the Humanitarian Award was given to the Australian documentary by Anne Kenyon and Nigel Trail for "The Music In Me" - about the truly heroic efforts of the Merry Makers, an Australian group producing musical shows with autistic and disabled children and adults. This film will bring to tears even the most cynical among us. The festival has certainly proven its point that non-violent films can also shake up and make us cry for a better world.
2007 FESTIVAL UPDATES
'The art-house film awards happening’ takes place each year in Monte Carlo at the belle-époque Theatre Princess Grace, with glamorous evening events and champagne parties in prestigious locations around town for 3 nights. There are 19 Angel Film Awards in different categories with 9 movies officially selected in competition.
Meet Golden Globe, Cesar, Academy Awards (OSCARS), BAFTA award winning Directors & Producers, Actors and Musicians. Rub shoulders with entertainment industry members and socialites from around the world in an intimate atmosphere at Monte Carlo's most prestigious hotel locations. This prestige event provides a prime opportunity to maximise int'l branding during and after the entire festival. In Attendance International Broadcasting team, radio & film & Int’l Journalist members press.
This is a non-profit, independent and non-governmental event. The Angel Film Awards is well established as an Independent Art House Cinema Event, where numerous winners have gained major global distribution deals and is highly respected within the entertainment industry.
Official selection Dalai Lama Renaissance narrated by Harrison Ford. Japanese Worlds Première Official selection YORIKO. Japanese/Chinese Worlds Première Official selection JUN-Ai. Russian film studio presents turn of Century feature Première film LILACS, in attendance multi awards winning director & producer
This Years Dame of Honour RACHEL RITFELD International Model, Actress, Singer and supporting force for CHAMPIONS FOR CHILDREN http://www.chforch.com
ANGEL FILM AWARDS INTERNATIONAL MEMBERS OF JURY
President Of Jury Diane Louise Salinger award winning actress and director who has worked with Clint Eastwood, Woody Allen and Tim Burton
SOME OF FESTIVAL FILM & PARTY INFORMATIONS
· 6th of December Angel Film Awards Evening Opener with Japanese Gala Worlds Première Screening of “YORIKO” A classic love story, followed by Evening Party Champagne Reception in the Honour of YORIKO at the famous Hermitage Hotel (Salle Belle Époque), with the attendance of Japanese cast and director and vip entertainment guest and delegates.
· 7th Friday Evening Russian Film Party in Honour of the Movie LILACS” Followed by extraordinary Evening Event Première Film party at “PACIFIC” Monte Carlo’s prestige Lounge/Restaurants right after official première film screening of “LILACS” Russian Drama/Romance/Music film. A life story of Composer Pianist Sergei RACHMANINOFF (turn of the Century) about the love of his life directed by multi award winning film maker Pavel LUNGIN (Palm D'OR 2x wins, Cesar, British Academy Award).
· Saturday 8th December - The Gala Angel Film Awards Night - A Celebration Party at the Monte Carlo Bay Resort sponsored by Number One Entertainment Monaco, Dubai
· Awards Night Gala Evening Party in the honour of Japanese/Chinese true story feature “JUN-Ai” Worlds Première a drama-love story during Japanese occupation WWII http://azabu.net/jun-ai
Saturday Awards Night Special Guest Apperance from Mexico "LOS TUCANES de TIJUANA" most famous band in LatinAmerica
More films in Official Selection from the US, UK, Mexico, Australia, are being placed for various screening hours, view Festival Programme
· throughout the festival all films have been pre-selected to win one or more awards, films shall be announced shortly on festival websites, pre festival announcements on int’l radio broadcast, featured also in Screen International - festival’s official movie magazine.
· Délégation Droits de l'homme (Members of UNESCO)
· United Nations Members , New York
· Delegates, Swedish Consul, British Consul of Monaco, Members of Film Commissions, Members of Press, local Monaco Socialites & Residents, Industry Members, Suisse Bankers and some Royal guests.
· More Talent / Celebrities to be announced prior to festival
Media Coverage 2007
· BBC World, Radio Caroline UK, Radio International, Riviera Radio, NRG, Japanese TV.
· Press Journalists attending the event:, D La Repubblica Italy, Monaco Med Magazine, Variety, Monaco Madame International, Le Figaro, Nice Matin, Vogue Italy.
· Rainstorm Entertainment California, USA filming entire event with interviews, celebrities, parties and gala awards night.
Some of the 2006/05 sponsors were: Greenpeace International, City Of Glasgow, TV3 New Zealand, Scottish Film Commission, BAFTA Scotland, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, South African Embassy Paris, Light Stream Israel, Societe des Bains De Mer, Monte Carlo Resort Monaco, Madame Magazine Paris - Monte Carlo, Radio NRG France, Riviera Radio Monaco, Number One Entertainment Monaco Dubai, ALTOVIA Monte Carlo, S.A.M. Monaco Communication, Rainstorm/Oasis Los Angeles, Transmedia International Releasing UK
Additional Festival Sponsors,
Rainstorm/Oasis Los Angeles, Number One Entertainment, Monte Carlo, S.A.M. Monaco Communication, Socity des Bains De Mer, Kproject Japan, Dream Kid Japan, Red Rice Medium Japan, Thema Production Luxembourg & Film Studio Saint Petersbourg, ON International, Champions 4 Children, Omni Quest Media, Pachinko & Slot- Eagel Group Japan, Europa Production;
Friends & Festival Supporters:
ANGEL FILM AWARDS 19 MOST OUTSTANDING AWARDS FOR:
BEST FILM - BEST DOCUMENTARY - BEST NEWCOMER - BEST SCREENPLAY - BEST ACTOR BEST - BEST CINEMATOGRAPHER - BEST WRITER - SPECIAL MENTION - ANGEL FILM AWARD
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR - BEST DIRECTOR - BEST ACTRESS - BEST NARRATIVE - BEST SOUNDTRACK - BEST ENSEMBLE CAST
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS - INDEPENDENT SPRIT - BEST ORIGINAL STORY
ANGEL FILM PEACE AWARD - THE HUMANITARIAN ANGEL FILM AWARD
The Organizers and founders shall announce this year for the first time
The “Angel Film Life Time Achievement Award FOR BEST POET MUSICIAN”
Shall be announced during the Angel Film Awards nominations in Monte Carlo
|<<Go Back] - Next page >>|